Here are my most precious notes on the findings of this remarkable book published in l882 from Chapter 1 the Purpose of the book stating the themes of the book and concur with what I believe in many respects:
Purpose and the 13 propositions of the book:
- Existence of a large island is of a truth
- Plato's description is veritable history not myth or fable
- Atlantis the source of all civilizations
- A populous and mighty nation with overspill of peoples over the face of this globe
- The true antediluvian world we know as the garden of Eden, Hespserides, the Elysian fields,etc.
- "Gods of past civilizations" were the 10 kings of Atlantis-mythologies of Greeks and nations were confused accounts given in after ages re mentality of the ancients
- Mythologies of Egypt and Peru were remnants of the sun worship of Atlantis
- Egypt is its oldest colony ( a survival colony)
- The Bronze or iron age derived from the Atlantaeans
- Phoenician alphabet derived from them as well and passed to the Mayans
- Atlantis seat of the Aryan and Semitic peoples
- Perished in convulsion of nature(?) or a purposive act of heaven?
- Escapees in rafts and boats -Accounts of the flood legends of the bible and the Sumerians and Akkadians?
- Genesis and the flood accounts are confirmed
- ancient accounts debunking Atlantis as fable prove nothing
- the ancients nearest the past not always the best informed
- ex= the debunking by his contemporaries of his accounts of his travels (Herodotus)
- resurrected esteem held millenia later by the moderns
- Solon's journey and discussion with Egyptian priests are true and not rightly dismissed as fable
- Note the truths behind Pharaoh Necho's expedition.